Business development, company re-structuring, analytics, data planning, digital marketing, marketing technology
An experienced data-driven marketer who has built and restructured data services companies to deliver client solutions that significantly improve marketing performance
- Communisis Data Intelligence, Managing Director, 2015 –
- Engine Group, Operations Director, 2013 – 2014
- Merkle Inc, Analytics Director, 2011 – 2012
- Chemistry Communications Group, Data Planning Director, 2006 – 2008
- Wise Owl Marketing Ltd, Owner and Director, 2004 – 2010
- Claritas (UK) Ltd, Client Services Director, 1998 – 2003
- Equifax Ltd, Analytics Manager, 1994 – 1997
- Communisis Data Intelligence, 2014-15: delivered £1 million swing in profitability; extended digital service lines and worked with Senior Management team to restructure into 4 P&Ls into single Customer Engagement Agency. Increased customer retention and value growth through introduction of Account Development Plans and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Engine Group, 2013-2014: restored data division to profitability (incremental £300k in first 12 months); developed new proposition and implemented sales & marketing strategy generating £500k in new business.
- Dell EMEA, 2011–2012: restructured email communications program, significantly increasing customer engagement and retention; pitched and won B2B business from major competitor – $15 million global account.
- Dell APAC, 2011–2012: provided strategic direction to CRM team using methodologies developed for EMEA team – significantly improving analytics and reporting capabilities and delivering significant improvements in operational effectiveness.
- Wise Owl, 2004–2010: running my own consultancy; networking with senior contacts, winning and delivering new business, sourcing vendors and partners to deliver a range of marketing services.
- Volkswagen, 2008-2010: re-developed customer acquisition programs and introduced more accurate measurement and reporting tools; implemented successful scrappage campaign.
- TV Licensing, 2008-2010: developed and implemented license fee evader targeting tool – generating £4.5 million in additional revenues.
- DMA/IDM, 2004-present: highly motivated member of the industry’s leading trade bodies – lecturing and lobbying on key issues such as GDPR.
- Co-operative Group, 2004-2005: built the Group’s first Single Customer View database and cross-sales tool – generating significant incremental revenues.
- Claritas, 1998–2003: organised annual Analytics Best Practice & Innovation seminars for teams across Europe (hosted in London, Lisbon and Amsterdam).
- HSBC, 2001-2002: delivered major data enhancement solution delivering greater insight and customer engagement.
- UK credit card market, 1994–2004: delivered customer targeting and acquisition solutions for major new US entrants including MBNA and Capital One.
- Developing data driven CRM solutions for leading UK brands
- Applying Big Data analytics to deliver greater ROI for clients
- Recruiting, motivating and enabling multi-skilled teams
- Client and supplier contract negotiation
- Implementing profit improvement plans
- Writing and delivering business development plans
- Developing digital analytics products including Social CRM tools
- Maintaining and growing profitable customer relationships
- Developing consistent International best practice models for data and analytics